I'm not a writer. Once upon a time I thought I was, and I wrote stories that contained gigantic families with fanciful names. One story got so complicated that it never got finished. But I loved writing and sporadically wrote down my dreams and thoughts in journals. Some of those dreams have been shattered and some of them just never came true, but through all the stories and journal entries runs the thread of God's goodness, faithfulness and mercy. The content of the dreams is irrelevant, but God in not fulfilling them was faithful. You see, He knows what I need when all I see is what I want. Like a kind parent not allowing their child not to have something they crave because they know it will harm them, He withholds that which will harm me. My initial reaction to not getting "my way" is usually one of despair and to beginning to doubt His love for me, but over time He usually enables me to see why He did it. I know that when I am in the process of dying to a dream I am anything but kind and selfless to those around me, but these times are the times when I can feel the Lord's presence the most. I can almost feel Him holding my broken heart in His hands and whispering to me that it's okay, because this too, will pass. He has something better in mind. Through His sufficient power, broken hearts can continue beating. I really don't understand a lot of things that happened to me, but one thing I know: I must trust my Father's hand and seek His heart. His is worthy of all my trust and all my devotion.
[Look up, for this too, shall pass]
"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him" Job 13:15
Everlasting Love
"I have loved you with an everlasting love.
Before you knew my name, I sought you,
I have washed you with My blood.
Throughout the centuries, through all history,
And through eternity above, I will love you with an everlasting love"
- Brigette Shevy
Everlasting Love
"I have loved you with an everlasting love.
Before you knew my name, I sought you,
I have washed you with My blood.
Throughout the centuries, through all history,
And through eternity above, I will love you with an everlasting love"
- Brigette Shevy

1 comment:
Praying for you, Karen, that the Lord will sustain you, and give you peace and joy!
Post a Comment