
"I take, O cross, thy shadow for my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than the sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by to know no gain or loss,
My sinful self my only shame, my glory all the cross."
This my theme song for right now. I know what God has called me to do right now is impossible (in my own strength), but I know that He can do all things through me. I just forget so often. I forget to let Him help me through. I'm thankful for the people He sends along to encourage me at just the right moment. Sometimes just a smile or "hello" can make my day. I so often forget too, that other people need encouragement as much as, or maybe more than I do. Since coming to the DMC, I've written a prayer that I pray often. But not often enough.
~Live through me~
Help me love people the way You love them (and me) - unconditionally. Help me see past external attitudes to people's hearts and don't let me do anything that would crush their spirit - even unintentionally. Help me to care about people, not merely projects or chores. Help me forget about myself and what I "need" and help those who are hurting. Love people through me. Use me. Don't let me get in the way of Your Spirit's work in people's lives. Don't let me in my desire to do everything right trample those in my path. Remind me that I really, really need You -- all of the time! Help me to remember and communicate with You throughout the day. Satisfy me with Who You are. Teach me to be complete in You. Help me to think of You and Your goodness more than I think of anything or anyone else. I will trust You with today and with however many tomorrows You give me, because You are trustworthy.
This is pretty generic and could be tailored and used in many situations, not just mine.
1 comment:
Karen, these are beautiful pictures! :-)
Post a Comment